College Profile: The University of Texas at San Antonio
The University of Texas at San Antonio is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. UTSA Downtown CampusAs an institution of access and excellence, UTSA embraces multicultural traditions, serving as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development for Texas, the nation and the world.
The University of Texas at San Antonio serves the San Antonio metropolitan area UTSA Bio Rotunda image and the broader region of South Texas through programs and services offered from its three campuses: Main Campus, Downtown Campus and Hemisfair Park Campus.
With more than 28,400 students enrolled in 131 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, UTSA is the second-largest component in The University of Texas System and has been one of the state's fastest-growing public universities for much of the last decade.
UTSA offers 64 bachelor's, 46 master's and 21 doctoral degree programs. With 10 doctoral programs and five more master's programs in the planning stages or awaiting final approval, UTSA is rapidly moving toward classification as a doctoral/research intensive institution.
The university's three campuses provide access and opportunity for large numbers of historically underserved students. More than 56 percent of UTSA's students come from groups underrepresented in higher education. Many students are the first in their families to attend a college or university.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctorate degrees.
210-458-8000 (financial aid)
||Public, 4-year or above|
||20,000 and above|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
The University of Texas at San Antonio Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
||Neither required nor recommended|
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||No
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Intercultural/Multicultural and Diversity Studies.
- American/United States Studies/Civilization.
- Chemistry, General.
- French Language and Literature.
- Spanish Language and Literature.
- History, General.
- Mathematics Teacher Education.
- Music Management and Merchandising.
- Architecture (BArch, BA/BS, MArch, MA/MS, PhD).
- Education, General.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Music, General.
- Health and Physical Education, General.
- Bilingual and Multilingual Education.
- Business/Commerce, General.
- Civil Engineering, General.
- German Language and Literature.
- Business/Managerial Economics.
- Music Performance, General.
- Humanities/Humanistic Studies.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Information Science/Studies.
- Human Resources Management/Personnel Administration, General.
- Art History, Criticism and Conservation.
- Health Services/Allied Health/Health Sciences, General.
- Physics, General.
- Educational Leadership and Administration, General.
- Statistics, General.
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- Environmental Science.
- Classics and Classical Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics, General.
- Political Science and Government, General.
- Technical and Business Writing.
- Special Education and Teaching, General.
- Tourism and Travel Services Management.
- Knowledge Management.
- Actuarial Science.
- Management Information Systems, General.
- Fine/Studio Arts, General.
- Music Theory and Composition.
- Speech and Rhetorical Studies.
- Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other.
- Cell/Cellular and Molecular Biology.
- Hispanic-American, Puerto Rican, and Mexican-American/Chicano Studies.
- Biological and Physical Sciences.
- International Business/Trade/Commerce.
- Applied Mathematics.
- Social Sciences, Other.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Psychology, General.
- Public Relations/Image Management.
- Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language/ESL Language Instructor.
- Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Operations Management and Supervision.
- Art/Art Studies, General.
- Public Administration.
- Reading Teacher Education.
- Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology/Technologist.
- Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering.
- Higher Education/Higher Education Administration.
- Computer and Information Systems Security.
- Management Science, General.
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General.
- Geology/Earth Science, General.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Computer Engineering, General.
- Music Teacher Education.
- Finance, General.
- Economics, General.
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing Operations, General.
- Counselor Education/School Counseling and Guidance Services.
- Curriculum and Instruction.
- Mass Communication/Media Studies.
- Mathematics, General.
- Interior Architecture.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Computer and Information Sciences, General.
Question and Answer about "The University of Texas at San Antonio"
No questions found...