College Profile: Olean Business Institute
The mission of Olean Business Institute is to offer practical academic
programs designed to provide each student with a pertinent and timely
career education, while supporting his/her personal, professional, and social
development in a caring environment. The college seeks to promote
interpersonal and team skills applicable to a diverse workplace, to encourage
critical thinking, to integrate relevant information and communication
technologies and skills, to give students tools with which to make ethical
decisions, and to engender the desire for life-long learning.
To demonstrate its commitment to this mission and to the communities it
serves, the college will:
• ensure quality, relevance, and currency in all courses and programs.
• adhere to accreditation criteria and standards to maintain the
academic and administrative soundness of its programs.
• promote the understanding of individual differences and foster
appropriate attitudes for working effectively in functionally and
culturally diverse teams.
• offer accessibility to all qualified students.
• provide personal attention to students in a caring, supportive
• promote and reward excellence in teaching.
• be responsive to human resource and training needs of area
• provide opportunities for lifelong learning to community residents.
• provide continuing educational opportunities for OBI graduates.
• foster the spirit of volunteerism and community involvement.
• foster a culture of excellence, inclusion, collaboration, and respect for
• encourage and support active, engaged learning activities for all
members of the college community.
716-372-7978 (financial aid)
||Private for-profit, 2-year|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Olean Business Institute Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
Question and Answer about "Olean Business Institute"
No questions found...