College Profile: Saint Cloud State University
St. Cloud State University is a four year university and part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system, located in St. Cloud, Minnesota on the banks of the Mississippi River. Currently, there are close to 20,000 students enrolled, making it the 2nd largest university in Minnesota. St.Cloud State University is located in St.Cloud, Minnesota, with a metropolitan area of 200,000 people. The university was created as a Normal school, then developed college level programs for teachers. It has since grown and now awards bachelors degrees in over 60 programs, including anthropology, aviation, biology, business, chemistry, computer engineering, computer science, criminal justice, education, electrical engineering, film studies, mathematics, music, physics, social science, and theatre. It also awards Masters degrees in over 40 programs, including music, electrical engineering, mathematics, mechanical engineering, and applied statistics. The university, along with Minnesota State University-Mankato, will be the first Minnesota state university to offer PhD programs. The university currently sponsors 17 Division II teams and is a member of the North Central Conference. St. Cloud State's hockey team also competes in Division I for ice hockey as a member of the WCHA division. Their mascot is the Husky. The school operates a radio station, KVSC 88.1 FM. Students also publish a newspaper, the University Chronicle. Students also run a television station known as UTVS, which recently won first place for best student news and productions from the Society of Professional Journalists, as well as honorable mention at a New York competition in 2004. The University maintains an overseas facility at Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, England, and offers numerous other study-abroad program locations around the world.
320-308-2047 (financial aid)
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence in teaching, learning, and service, fostering scholarship and enhancing collaborative relationships in a global community.
||St. Cloud State University; St. Cloud State; SCSU|
||Public, 4-year or above|
||10,000 - 19,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Saint Cloud State University Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Medical Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiation Therapist.
- Computer and Information Sciences, General.
- Computer Engineering, General.
- Aeronautics/Aviation/Aerospace Science and Technology, General.
- Non-Profit/Public/Organizational Management.
- Nuclear Medical Technology/Technologist.
- Art/Art Studies, General.
- Education/Teaching of Individuals with Emotional Disturbances.
- Communication Disorders, General.
- Art Teacher Education.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Economics, General.
- Mass Communication/Media Studies.
- Mathematics Teacher Education.
- Marriage and Family Therapy/Counseling.
- Biomedical Sciences, General.
- Aquatic Biology/Limnology.
- Latin American Studies.
- Art History, Criticism and Conservation.
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science.
- Kindergarten/Preschool Education and Teaching.
- Real Estate.
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling.
- French Language and Literature.
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration.
- English/Language Arts Teacher Education.
- Physics, General.
- International Relations and Affairs.
- Health and Physical Education, General.
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- Applied Economics.
- Education/Teaching of Individuals with Speech or Language Impairments.
- Urban Studies/Affairs.
- Social Sciences, General.
- History, General.
- Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology/Technologist.
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies.
- German Language and Literature.
- Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other.
- Educational/Instructional Media Design.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Counseling Psychology.
- Environmental Studies.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Music, General.
- College Student Counseling and Personnel Services.
- Technology Teacher Education/Industrial Arts Teacher Education.
- School Librarian/School Library Media Specialist.
- Sport and Fitness Administration/Management.
- Adult Development and Aging.
- Community Psychology.
- Health Teacher Education.
- Psychology, General.
- Manufacturing Engineering.
- Speech and Rhetorical Studies.
- Science Teacher Education/General Science Teacher Education.
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- International Business/Trade/Commerce.
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General.
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching.
- Education/Teaching of Individuals with Specific Learning Disabilities.
- Film/Cinema Studies.
- Social Studies Teacher Education.
- Science, Technology and Society.
- Physics Teacher Education.
- Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering.
- Curriculum and Instruction.
- Mathematics, General.
- Community Health Services/Liaison/Counseling.
- Spanish Language and Literature.
- Political Science and Government, General.
- Biology Teacher Education.
- Social Work.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Social Science Teacher Education.
- Fine/Studio Arts, General.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Public Administration.
- Finance, General.
- Engineering/Industrial Management.
- Music Teacher Education.
- Special Education and Teaching, General.
- Public Health Education and Promotion.
- Spanish Language Teacher Education.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Chemistry, General.
- Music Performance, General.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Business/Commerce, General.
- Educational Leadership and Administration, General.
- Statistics, General.
- Surveying Technology/Surveying.
- Women's Studies.
- Chemistry Teacher Education.
- Cell/Cellular Biology and Histology.
- Management Information Systems, General.
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
Question and Answer about "Saint Cloud State University"
No questions found...