College Profile: Graceland University-Lamoni
Graceland University is a private liberal arts university of about 2300 students and 150 faculty with campuses in Lamoni, Iowa and Independence, Missouri. The school, though non-sectarian, was established by, and is affiliated with, the Community of Christ, formerly the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (RLDS), and was founded in 1895 as Lamoni College. Its main campus is located in Lamoni, Iowa. This residential campus offers 43 majors and 60 degree options, 17 varsity sports, campus wide activities, and intramural sports. Among the significant architectural structures on the Lamoni Campus are the Higdon Administration Building, the Roy A. Cheville Chapel, Closson Physical Education Center, Frederick Madison Smith Library, and the Shaw Center. The Independence campus is an urban campus that houses the school of nursing, undergraduate and graduate programs in education and Community of Christ Seminary.This campus also houses the Center for the Study of the Korean War, the largest Korean War archive in the United States. In 1995, Graceland University acquired SkillPath, a business training company offering seminars and classes in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. SkillPath has offered approximately 20,000 sessions to more than 500,000 students in 450 cities. Dr. John D. Sellars was named as Graceland's 17th president, assuming that role effective July 15, 2007. He follows Dr. Steven L. Anders (Graceland's vice president for academic affairs and dean of faculty who was appointed acting president on August 7, 2006), and John K. Menzies (who resigned as Graceland’s president on August 5, 2006). Graceland won first-place in the four-year division of the SIFE USA National Exposition in Kansas City, Missouri, on May 23, 2006. The team then went on to be the 1st runner up at the World Cup competition in Paris, France. In 2008, the SIFE team finished 3rd in National competition in Chicago, Illinois. They have qualified for National's 9 out of the past 10 years.
641-784-5140 (financial aid)
||Private not-for-profit, 4-year or above|
||1,000 - 4,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Graceland University-Lamoni Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||No
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric.
- German Language and Literature.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Economics, General.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Family Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner.
- Christian Studies.
- Physical Sciences.
- Psychology, General.
- Education, Other.
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- International Business/Trade/Commerce.
- Athletic Training/Trainer.
- American History (United States).
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities, Other.
- Mathematics, General.
- Spanish Language and Literature.
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling.
- Social Work.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science and Allied Professions, Other.
- Nursing Administration (MSN, MS, PhD).
- Health and Physical Education, General.
- Management Information Systems, General.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Computer Science.
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies.
- Education, General.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Music Performance, General.
- Pre-Medicine/Pre-Medical Studies.
- English Composition.
- Foreign Languages and Literatures, General.
- Commercial and Advertising Art.
- Religion/Religious Studies.
- Art/Art Studies, General.
- Biology Teacher Education.
- Philosophy and Religious Studies, Other.
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching.
- Design and Applied Arts, Other.
- Film/Cinema Studies.
- Music Teacher Education.
- Chemistry, General.
- International/Global Studies.
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, Other.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Design and Visual Communications, General.
- Health/Health Care Administration/Management.
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- European History.
- Speech and Rhetorical Studies.
- History, General.
Question and Answer about "Graceland University-Lamoni"
No questions found...